Street Works in the London Borough of Newham - Improving the Management of
The Mayor in consultation with Cabinet will be asked to consider a report which sets out the Council’s overall approach to meeting its network management duty as required under the Traffic Management Act including proposals for the use of additional powers to seek to minimise the disruptions caused by street works in the Borough.
The report seeks approval to a proposal to adopt the London Permit Scheme for road works and street works in Newham.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Decision status: Decision made
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Decision due: Not before 2nd April 2009 by Cabinet
Lead director: John Simpson
Department: Public Health
Contact: Tony Smedley, Interim Support Manager, Public Realm Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 8430 6221.
Consultation will be carried out through the following means:
· Briefing notes.
· Influential Councillor Consultation meetings (January 2009).
Consultation will be held with the following:
· All Councillors.
The following have already been consulted:
· Executive Member for Public Realm, Councillor Ian Corbett (on going).
Reason Abandoned/Slipped: Originally scheduled for consideration on 19 February 2009. Rescheduled for consideration on 26 March 2009. The item has been delayed to clarify the financial implications of the growth in the street works team to meet the new regulatory requirements.
- 02/04/2009 - Cabinet Street Works in the London Borough of Newham - Improving the Management of 02/04/2009
- Traffic Management Act 2004
- Traffic Management Permit Scheme (England) Regulations 2007
- London Permit Scheme For Road Works and Street Works