Portfolio - Infrastructure and Environment
Councillor Ian Corbett
Admin Support Provided by:
Portfolio score and banding
Time expectations of this portfolio
- To lead on environment and infrastructure, to ensure a clean and green borough for the benefit of residents.
- To build a detailed knowledge of environment and infrastructure services and developments and to advise the Mayor on performance and strategies in these areas.
- To lead on the development of a robust leisure, sport and culture offer, to include maintenance of the borough’s arts and cultural heritage.
- To work with, and deputise for, the Cabinet Member for Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour as needed in order to promote a robust enforcement function across the council.
To take specific responsibility for the following key areas:
- Streets – including transport, highways and public footways, streetscene, street furniture and signage
- Parks and open spaces – maintenance and development
- Community Centres and Community Assets
- Youth Centres
- Infrastructure relating to the leisure, sport and culture offer, excluding leisure centres.
2. All aspects of enforcement against:
3. Maintenance and development of infrastructure services:
- Street cleansing
- Waste management
- To ensure significant improvements in the following service areas:
- Cleansing, waste management, grounds maintenance and environmental improvement to streets, local estates and parks and open spaces and across all land and facilities serviced by the Council.
- Traffic management, including parking enforcement.
- Highways maintenance and improvement.
- To lead on improvements of markets, particularly in relation to environment and transport issues.
- To ensure that community assets are used effectively and for the interests of residents.
The following is a list of regular activities for all Cabinet Members.
- To monitor workload and performance against targets in agreement with the Mayor and to provide regular activity updates to the Mayor.
- To communicate with officers by mutually agreed methods to ensure timely and appropriate political direction.
- To work with the Community Executive and Community Lead Councillors to ensure an understanding of community views and to ensure that they are represented in this portfolio remit.
- To speak at conferences and events as appropriate.
- To attend scrutiny commissions as necessary to inform on appropriate policies and activities and advise the Mayor on specific responses as and when necessary.
- To ensure full answers are given to all appropriate questions to Council/the Mayor is able to respond on all reports to Cabinet/Mayoral proceedings.