Housing Capital Programme 2009-2010
Report of the Interim Executive Director of Environment
Jackie Belton, Interim Executive Director for Environment, presented a report setting out programme allocations from Housing Capital investment resources for 2009-10 and seeking endorsement for the proposed arrangements. The report was an update on the Housing Capital Programme report approved by the Mayor in consultation with Cabinet in July 2008 and sets out a proposed revised allocation of Housing Capital investment resources between Newham Homes and the Housing Service in 2008-09.
The report also provided an update on a number of bids for external grant funding to support the Housing Capital Programme.
The Mayor in consultation with Cabinet agreed:
1. the funding for Newham Homes' investment proposals for 2009-10;
2. the proposed Housing and Public Protection estate regeneration programme for 2009-10;
3. to note and comment on Housing and Public Protection indicative estate regeneration programme proposals for 2010-12;
4. the proposed revised allocation of Supported Capital Expenditure between the Housing Service and Newham Homes for the Capital Programme for 2008-09;
5. that a corresponding sum equal to the increase in revised allocation to Newham Homes in 2008-09 be allocated back to the Housing Service in the 2010-11 Housing Capital Programme Report. This is to have the effect of re-balancing the funding between the two financial years;
6. to note and comment on the General Fund capital funding streams available for 2009-10;
7. Newham’s funding towards discretionary Disabled Facilities Grants (£100k) and contribution to Home Improvement Agency (£50k);
8. to receive updates on applications for funding made during 2008-09; and
9. that this report be recommended to Council for noting.
Reasons for the Decisions
The report has been provided to the Mayor and Cabinet for their decision in line with the requirements of the Council’s constitution.
The recommendations have been made to ensure best use of resources for the people of Newham and to achieve the most beneficial impact from the level of resources being deployed. They also ensure maximum take-up of external funding that is available to Newham to support our programme.
The report and decision have complied with Part 4.5, paragraph 16 of the Constitution.
The decision is not subject to the Call-In process and may be implemented immediately.
- Housing Capital Programme Report, item 5. PDF 61 KB
- Appendix A1 - Newham Homes Programme Descriptions, item 5. PDF 16 KB
- Appendix A2 Newham Homes illustrations, item 5. HTM 24 KB
- Appendix B1 Housing Regeneration Programme, item 5. HTM 523 KB
- Appendix B2 Housing Regeneration Programme Funding, item 5. HTM 32 KB
- Appendix C Risk Assessment Template, item 5. HTM 28 KB
- Appendix D Risk Assessment Template, item 5. HTM 28 KB
- Appendix E Risk Assessment Template, item 5. HTM 27 KB
- Response of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee on the Housing Capital Programme, item 5. PDF 15 KB